Cambridge Wine Merchants
International Wine Challenge, Wine Merchant of the Year 2012 : WINNERS!
also: Large Independent Merchant of the year UK, East of England Merchant of the year, Fortified Specialist Merchants of the Year UK
Tasting Events, Training Courses and
What we offer
- Tutored group tastings as pure entertainment
- Wine training for service staff: from Oxford college butlers to yacht crew
- International Masterclasses in the French Riviera, Caribbean and beyond
- Expert educational courses for interested individuals and industry
- Private tasting – like a drinks party but “educational” too
- Corporate Event tastings, a great way to mingle, entertain guests, or a team treat. Link here to corporate services, tastings
- Dining events – the noble art of food and wine matching
Over the years we’ve hosted hundreds of highly successful and enjoyable tasting events. They’re great value and lots of fun. We are leading wine educators and experts, winners of many awards.
About our tastingsOur Credo is: fun, informal, informative. We are serious experts in our field but we entertain too – we enjoy what we do, and do what we enjoy.
Our Presenters and TutorsHighly experienced and amusing wine trade professionals with decades of combined experience.
Your place, or your chosen venue
Outside venues – restaurants, event venues, bars, hotels
Become a Host VenueMake efficient use of your quiet times
High quality entertainment for your guests
Bring new customers in
Promote your wine list
We organise it all for you
Click here for more info on becoming a host venue
FormatsWe’re super flexible but a standard tasting looks like this:
One presenter, 10-50 seated guests, 8-wines (3cl samples), 1 to 2.5 hours early evening.
Small measures are served one wine at a time, the presenter explains the wine, related wine issues and info, generally entertains. Guests are then free to chart and imbibe between wines.
PricingWe usually charge per head. Prices start from £15 per head depending on venue costs, quality level of wine, travel costs etc.
Why go to wine tastings?They are fun, a great way for folk to mingle and chat, and remarkably good value compared to just having drinks in a decent bar.
Tasting wines against each other (with an expert on hand) is the fastest way to learn about wine generally, but also to learn why you do or don’t like certain wines – you’ll come away with valuable understanding that will help you choose the right wine for you in future.